What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry consists of a suite of services designed to improve the appearance of your teeth. These services brighten, straighten, or reshape your smile so it reaches its full potential just in time for your next big opportunity.
At Prestige Family Dentistry, Dr. Kashkouli believes in providing ongoing, extraordinary dental care by offering a wide variety of cosmetic dentistry services. It's important to her that her patients can feel proud of their smile during life’s most important moments. Dr. Kashkkouli offers a variety of cosmetic procedures such as crowns, gum lifts, and tooth-colored fillings, as well as many other services that can change your smile in a time frame that suits your needs.
Here are some examples of the cosmetic services that are offered at Prestige Family Dentistry:
- Crowns: Dental crowns are used to entirely cover or "cap" a damaged tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. Porcelain or ceramic crowns can be matched to the color of your natural teeth. Other materials include gold and metal alloys, ceramic-resin and acrylic.
- Same-Day Crowns: Same-day crowns use cutting-edge CAD/CAM technology — such as CEREC® technology offered at Prestige Family Dentistry — to build a permanent, custom-fit, natural-looking, metal-free restoration that provides the form, fit, and function you need.
- Dentures: Dentures are replacements for missing teeth that can be taken out and put back into your mouth. There are two main types of dentures: full and partial. High-quality, personalized, and well-fit dentures can restore your youthful appearance and confidence while improving your ability to eat and speak naturally.
- Dental Implants: A dental implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows Dr. Kashkouli to mount natural-looking replacement teeth or a bridge into that area. Along with completing your smile and returning it to its natural state, dental implants maintain your facial esthetics by preserving the jawbone and surrounding tissues.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontic treatment is no longer limited to the traditional metal braces so many are familiar with. Straightening a smile can sometimes be achieved with clear orthodontic aligners and “invisible” braces.
- Teeth Whitening: Dr. Kashkouli can brighten your smile several shades with either an in-office or at-home bleaching system.
- Veneers: A dental veneer is a shell or layer of tooth-colored porcelain or composite that is placed over the facial surfaces of your teeth. Veneers can correct worn tooth enamel, uneven tooth alignment or spacing, discoloration, and chips or cracks in your teeth. Veneers can give perfect shape and shade to existing teeth, hide stains and chips, and resist discoloration. They also strengthen teeth and provide resilience similar to tooth enamel.
At Prestige Family Dentistry, our "standard of care" means we take time to get to know your oral health history, your lifestyle, and your dental concerns. In partnership with you, we can design the "Smile of Your Dreams".