In order to maintain optimum oral health, we offer an array of hygiene services that are provided by our skilled and highly-trained hygienists. These services include but are not limited to:
- Fluoride treatment: Fluoride treatments help to prevent decay in both children and adults. Anyone who is at risk of dental decay is a good candidate for topical fluoride treatments. This professional-strength fluoride is applied directly to the surfaces of the teeth, making them stronger and protecting them against tooth decay.
- Routine Dental Cleanings: Successful preventive care requires good oral hygiene practices at home and routine visits to the dentist.
- Periodontal Scaling and Root Planing (“Deep Cleaning”): Scaling and Root Planing is a deep cleaning below the gumline used to treat gum disease. This treatment prevents the progression of periodontal disease and returns teeth and gums to a healthy state.
- Periodontal Maintainance: Periodontal maintenance is a cleaning procedure performed to thoroughly clean the teeth. Maintenance is an important dental treatment for halting the progression of periodontal disease.
How can I maintain good dental hygiene at home?
You don’t have a skilled hygienist to help you maintain your oral health on a daily basis, but by brushing and rinsing at least twice a day and flossing daily, your at-home oral hygiene routine can keep your teeth and gums healthy between your routine dental visits.
What services are performed at a scheduled cleaning?
Services your hygienist will perform during your cleaning include:
- A review of your dental and medical history
- An oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of your overall oral health
- X-rays to detect decay
- Removal of stains, plaque, and tartar
- A fluoride application
- Polishing of all teeth
- At-home oral health education and instructions
How often should I visit the office to maintain good dental hygiene?
Dr. Melika Kashkouli recommends that you schedule a minimum of two routine visits each year in order to prevent decay and maintain optimal oral health.